- Students pursuing their Undergraduate and Post Graduate courses in India and abroad.
- Teams should comprise maximum of four members. (Only two members will be reimbursed for travel to and fro)
- It must be noted that teams who have registered their company/start-up before the span of last one year, are not eligible to participate in IndiaPreneur.
- Entries must be the original work of entrants.
- Only 2 entries are allowed per institute.
- Participants will have to register online.
- Once registered, participants can proceed to the Submission of Synopsis of the business plan, which is to be submitted to email@example.com.
- It must be noted that the last submission would be considered as the final submission for the team.
- All communications must have the institute’s name and IndiaPreneur Registration code in the subjectline.
- Contestants can take part in other business plan competitions as well.
- Contestant can send only one Business Plan for a particular event.
- Entries need to have an innovative value (An innovative concept provides a solution for a new need, or offers a new way of fulfilling an existing need. The concept makes a clear advancement compared to existing products, services or technologies).
- Entries submitted after the deadlines will not be considered.
- Winning contestants must appear in person or a point person should be sent to collect the prize money. They will be notified in due time.
- The judges, mentors and the organizers will take utmost care in handling the entries, and will guarantee the utmost confidence.
- Every contestant must agree with the rules of the contest and must agree to accept the declaration of confidentiality.
- Every contestant must agree to accept that their registration form and other entries will not be returned to them and that their personal data will be available for statistical purposes.
- Entries remain the property of the legal owner.
- All conflicts are subject to jurisdiction of Pune Courts and in India only.
- Any person currently enrolled in a university or an educational institute is a student and eligible to participate in the competition.
The participants must send their business summaries before the due date. Teams have to prepare executive summary of the business plan within 7-8 pages, font – Times New Roman, size – 12 and 1.5 line spacing (inclusive of all the Sections of the Executive Summary), entries exceeding the prescribed limit will be discarded. All submission documents must be in both Acrobat (.pdf) and Power Point Presentation (.ppt) format.
Important inclusions in the report
The Business concept – Mission
- What is the origin of your idea?
- What precisely, is your product or service?
- What is the uniqueness and innovativeness of your product/service?
- What value is created by uniqueness of your product to the end user?
This section should include one or two paragraphs describing the “problem” that you are addressing. It should concisely and precisely state the “pain” and what causes it.
This section should contain a solution to the above problem – this section essentially documents the method you have used to address the “pain”.
The Opportunity - Market Size and Scope
This section should document how big the “problem” is – i.e. have some numbers about the market that gives an indication of how much “value” you are creating through the “solution” you are proposing.
Strategy – Execution
How will the product/service be developed (possible plan to build the product or implementing the service to check the feasibility option), manufactured, marketed and sold? How will you make money? What will be your Revenue Mechanism? State at least three drivers of revenue to which your model is sensitive. State at least three drivers of cost to which your model is sensitive.
In this section, outline others who have similar offerings or other products that could be used / are currently being used as substitutes to solve the “problem” including the following: Who are your potential and current, direct and indirect competitors in organised and unorganised market? What are the factors that give you competitive advantages and disadvantages? State entry and exit barriers of your market.
Why do you think you can beat the competition? Describe the barriers to entry i.e. intellectual property (Patents, copyrights, trademarks), assets you posses in the form of expertise and resources and also the factors that give you competitive advantages and disadvantages.
Describe how much you think you will be able to earn in the form of revenue for the company over the next 3-5 years, use the table to give a summary: Year Sales Cost of Sales Operating Margin Gross Margin Net Margin
How much capital will be required? How will you fulfil your capital requirements?
How many members are in your team? What value and skill set a member brings to team? What other team member you will need? State his skill sets.
All communications must have the institute’s name and IndiaPreneur Registration code in the subjectline.
The business plans would be evaluated under the criteria mentioned below
- Uniqueness of the solution/product – Describe the product / service.
- Market opportunity assessment and entry strategies
- Competitive advantage - Analysis of existing competitors. strengths and weakness and how your product has an edge over other products
- Customer Segment - What is the profile of the target consumer? What are his demands and how does your product / service address them
- Customer Value - How will the product / services benefit the consumer?
- Market size - How big is the size of the market targeted by your product / service?
- Passion and commitment of the team
- Business Plan on the whole - On the whole, highly attractive and persuasive in all main aspects. A business concept with great potential, clear prospects for success, and an inspiring presentation
1) What is the registration / participation fee for IndiaPreneur?There is NO registration / participation fee.
2) How should I submit the executive summary and subsequent business plan drafts?ONLINE
3) Whom should I contact for assistance?Please see the section Contact Details
4) Where do I submit the executive summary, business plans – draft as well as firstname.lastname@example.org
5) How is confidentiality of the Executive Summary/B-Plan maintained?The entries for IndiaPreneur are judged by reputed faculty, entreprenurs and industrialists who believe in promoting entrepreneurship. Your entry is only viewed by the judge. At no stage is a organiser permitted to view your executive summary/B-Plan. Presentations are closed room presentations. Only the team members and judges are present for the presentation.
6) What is Innovation?Often used as an alternative to inventions and is used to cover both technological advances in production processes as well as the introduction of different attributes and combinations in marketable products or services. In the latter context, innovation is a source of product differentiation and is used by producers to create demand and enhance market share.
7) What are the key dates and deadlines?Please see the section Important Dates.
8) Do I need to have a team?Please see the section Eligibility.
9) How will the business plans be judged?Business plans will be evaluated based on the quality of the plan, the feasibility of the plan and the size of the market opportunity. Judging will be conducted by a group of successful entrepreneurs, Venture Capitalists and experienced people from the industry.
10) Does my business plan have to be technology related?No, we encourage the entry of all well developed business plans.
11) How does the mentoring program work?Mentors are experienced entrepreneurs or experts of specific fields who provide assistance and guidance to competition participants. Mentors will offer suggestions and feedback to help participants develop and refine a business plan. Competition participants are not required to have a mentor, although teams are strongly encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity. Teams can select a mentor on their own or request that the competition committee assign a mentor to help them.
12) When can I request a Mentor?A mentor will be allotted to all the teams that qualify for the semi-finals. The mentoring session will last through the period of January-February.
13) Who pays for the travel to Indira School of Business Studies campus, if we are travelling from outside Pune?All the selected teams travelling from outside Pune shall be entitled to two ways 2nd AC train fair. The lodging and boarding shall be arranged on the campus itself. The selected participants can claim the said fair by submitting the train tickets in original.
14) What kind of support will be provided from the Incubation Centre?Among the finalists, the business plans identified with the potential to get converted to startup companies, will find conducive platform at ISBS at pre-revenue stage to get incubated in the Institute and develop their product prototypes and business model before they take it forward as a fully functional small enterprise. Such startup companies will also receive the benefit of available infrastructure, active mentoring and guidance, access to business networks and other resources from the institute.
|Online Registration starts
||1st Dec 2016
|Online Registration ends
||15th Feb 2017 |
|Last date for submission of Synopsis
||15th Feb 2017|
|Results & Mentor Allocation
||22th Feb 2017
|Intensive Mentoring Starts
||23rd Feb 2017 |
|Last date of submission of detailed Business Plan
||5th Mar 2017|
|Semi-Finals and Finals
||9th Mar 2017 |